A ZIP file contains one or multiple files that have been compressed into a single file called an Archive. An archive needs to be opened with compression software before the files inside can be accessed. The most popular decompression utility for windows is Winzip.
How do I open a ZIP file?
Right click on the ZIP file and choose “Extract All…” or “Extract Here”. Extract All will allow you to set a path for the extracted folder to go, and Extract Here will uncompress the folder and leave it in the same location as the ZIP file.
How do I attach trusses I received from engineering to a job folder that are in a Zip format?
1). From your email save the attached ZIP file to your desktop.
2). Right click on the ZIP file and choose Extract Here. This will save the extracted contents of the ZIP in a folder on the Desktop.
3). Now go into HB/iCommand to the job you would like to import the trusses into.
Select the attach button and the following window appears which displays the *.pic files for the current job.
4). Click on the directory and browse to the desktop to select the uncompressed job folder that you unzipped from engineering. Once the folder is selected the pic files in the folder are shown in the item list.
There are several methods for selecting trusses:
- Attaching One Truss: To attach one truss, click on the desired *.pic file then click the Attach button.
- Attaching a Group of Trusses: Hold the <Shift> key down and click on the First Truss in the list, then click on the Last Truss to include. All the trusses highlight between the first selection and the last. Click the Attach button to attach the trusses.
- Attach Multiple Trusses: Hold the <Ctrl> key and click on each Individual Truss to attach. While holding the <Ctrl> key down, click the Attach button
- Attaching All the Listed Trusses: To attach all the trusses in the list, click the Attach All button.
- Append Existing Items: The Append Existing Items toggle box allows you to add the items you wish to attach, using any method described above, without overwriting the trusses already attached to the job. If you leave the toggle box unchecked, the only trusses attached to the job are the ones listed in the Attach Truss dialog window; any pre-existing trusses do not remain attached to the job.
Choose the method you would like to use and remember to select Append to existing items if you would like to add the new trusses additionally to the trusses that already exist in the job folder.
Please reach out if any further assistance is required.
Email Support: firstname.lastname@example.org