While starting VisionRez, it suspends the start-up process with a message on the command line reading as “aecprojectpalettestartup”. This freezes the application from shutting down too. How can I close the application and fix this issue? My AutoCAD Architecture (ACA) however, starts up fine.
To shut down the application, right click on the task bar> select on the task Manager>processes tab> select on acad.exe> end the process.
The problem you are having with VisionRez is caused by the profile.aws file or folder being corrupted. It is not known as to the cause of this issue. There are several solutions to fixing this. If one solution does not work, try the next one.
- Shut down VisionRez and go to;
- Windows 7: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ACA 201X\enu\Support\Profiles\VisionRez
- Delete the Profile.aws file located in the VisionRez Folder
- Start VisionRez
If solution one did not fix the problem then;
- Shutdown VisionREZ and go to:
- Windows 7: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ACA 201X\enu\Support\Profiles
Note: Do Not Delete Anything
- There should be several profile files there. Make a backup / temp folder in another location and move these profiles to that folder. DO NOT DELETE them at this time.
- For example, you can create a folder on your Desktop and move the Profile Folder there
- Restart VisionREZ.
Note that this issue is caused by a corrupt AutoCAD profile. In addition, to fix this, you may need to reset the AutoCAD profiles. See the Reset ACA User Profile KB Solution