Unable to execute the tool - Class not registered error - with AutoCAD Arch 2010
Every time I try to run a tool from the tool palette like dragging an AEC block into my drawing I get a pop out window saying: "Unable to execute the tool - Class not registered"
How can this be fixed?
This solution is based on AutoCAD Architecture and VisionREZ 2010 to 2015
DO NOT DO A REPAIR OF THE SOFTWARE. IT IS UNNECESSARY AND CAN REALLY MESS UP YOUR SETTINGS AND YOUR DAY.
Instead, you only need to fix one Registry value/data setting.
1. Exit ACA
2. Navigate to the following folders;
For Windows 7:
• %USERPROFILE%\appdata\roaming\autodesk\aca 201X\enu\support\registeredtools\
3. Verify that the RegisteredTools folder contains both "AcTpTools.atc" and "ADTStockTools.atc."
If you do not see these files, you may copy them from a computer that is working or you may contact VisionRez support by creating a case ticket or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next, fire up the registry (Regedit.exe) by going to Start > Run > type in Regedit
5. Navigate to this location:
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\RXX.X\ACAD-A004:409\Profiles\AutoCAD\General (in this case your profile name is AutoCAD)
6. Click in the AutoCAD key and locate RegisteredToolsPath
7. Double click on the RegisteredToolsPath Modify it to delete the -AutoCAD.
8. Close out of the registry and Start your AutoCAD Architecture.
NOTE: The cause of this error may be caused by running the AutoCAD profile, which changes this setting to the "\RegisteredTools-AutoCAD" folder.
Please note that the same steps apply for ACA 2010 and 2011 except for the "AcTpTools.arx". This file is not there by default (it is in ACA 2010 but not 2011 and 2012). You will only need to check whether you have the "ADTStockTools.atc."
If AutoCAD MEP is installed, the solution above will not work. You will be required to check in your VisionRez license using the license manager and uninstall VisionRez, hsbCAD, VisionRez Training, the license manager, and eventually AutoCAD MEP. Reboot the computer before reinstalling AutoCAD MEP and VisionRez.