To save time you can add splices in from iModel. To accomplish this, follow the steps below:
1. First, choose the planes icon from the vertical toolbar.
2. Then, select the add ridge icon.
3. From the add ridge dialog window choose top or bottom splice.
4. The program will then prompt you to select a placement for this ridge line. Use the set reference point and type in where you want your start point to be then you can just click enter and it will prompt you for the second point on this line. (If you are making all the trusses the same bottom of top splice you can make this line as small as possible to avoid it being in the way)
5. Then just recalc the trusses that you want to add a splice to and use the Cntl button to select the ridge and then hit on the plane again and when you look at the truss you will see that you have put in the splice.